Advertisement

Articles, Information and Resources on Breast Cancer

Newsletter
First Name:
Email:

Site Map

» Article Directory » Breast Cancer News » Breast Cancer Tips » Breast Cancer Resources » Contact » Home


Featured Site

HIV and AIDS Current news and articles on HIV and AIDS.


Sponsored Site

Health Articles Authors - publish your health related articles. Publishers - get free health content for your website.

Health Links Get a free link to your health related website!


Professional Oncology Resources

» DoctorsLounge.com - Oncology » DoctorsLounge.com - Hematology » MedpageToday - Hematology/Oncology » Current Opinion in Hematology » Current Opinion in Oncology » Oncology Times » American Journal of Clinical Oncology


Recommended Sites

» TheCancer.info » BellaOnline.com » Just-Cancer.com » Tirgan.com » JustDisease.com


Breast Cancer Tips

What Causes Breast Cancer?

Analyzing Your Risk of Getting Breast Cancer

If you have done a breast cancer risk assessment and have discovered that your risk is higher than average, don't panic. Take a look at what the numbers really mean. If your risk of getting breast cancer is 30%, your chance of not getting it is 70%. The odds are definitely in your favor. You may be able to reduce your risk further by adopting a healthy lifestyle. Keep your weight at a healthy level, excercise daily, and eat a diet that's low in fat and high in fruits and vegetables. Get regular mammograms as soon as your doctor recommends them. Be diligent about monthly breast self-exams, and make sure your doctor does a clinical exam at every checkup. Some women take drastic steps if they feel they're at high risk, such as taking drugs to prevent cancer or even having their breasts removed. Talk at length with your doctor about the possible repercussions about any preventive measures you're considering.

Article Directory | Resources
Advertisement